high five to anyone who saw that title and thought of Bill Bryson’s ‘A Brief History of Everything’ by the way, that’s what I was going for
So you may or may not have noticed but my blogging’s been pretty sporadic for the past two years. I left school and went to college to do the International Baccalaureate (hereafter to be referred to as IB, aka a very stressful experience that is ‘a fancy euphemism for hell’ according to the highly reliable Urban Dictionary). Just for a little more, absolutely not dramatized, context:
The small cult-like group of students who are involved in the International Baccalaureate program. Laugh at the bags under their eyes and insane amount of homework now, but your sorry ass will be working for one of these guys in the near future. The near future for an IB kid is not so near, though. Having several hours worth of homework doesn’t exactly make the time fly. Because of this, they have extensive knowledge about useless topics, for example :Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.
– Urban Dictionary
I highly recommend you look up the rest of the Urban Dictionary entries for IB if you want a better idea of what it is, it’s scarily accurate
So yeah, been pretty busy lately and my writing and this blog just kinda fell by the wayside. Eventually it felt like too long to just pick it up again and I didn’t really know what to say, but now I’m giving it another go (so apologies in advance for any incoherent rambles while I get my blogging head back!).
What else has happened in the last two years?
Aside from college and everything new and exciting associated with that, I’ve…
- Gone to Seville, Spain
- Visited New York
- Played at the Montreux Jazz Festival for the second time
- Played at the Vienne Jazz Festival (France) for the first time
- Left the jazz orchestra I played at those festivals with
- Lost contact with a number of friends
- Made a load of new friends
- Been in a nearly two-year relationship
- Come out of the end of that relationship trying to fill my time (any idea why I’ve restarted blogging yet?!)
- Experience two lots of heavy snow in the south of England, in March
- Booked a holiday to Seville for the end of my exams (yay!)
- Slowly begun my transition to a creative, arty type who wears lots of floaty clothes and tassel earrings
- Probably done a lot more things that I now can’t remember
So yeah, been pretty busy! I’m not really sure what way I’m going to revive this blog, but I’m hoping to kinda stick with my old mix of music and books and films and general life stuff, as well as maybe a bit of stuff about the IB/coping with college in general?
We shall see! What’s everyone else been up to in the last two years (oops…)