As I mentioned in this post, I’ve had an incredibly busy, incredibly fun summer. Amazingly, even more has happened since I wrote that post – GCSE results day, having some Danish people stay with us, four more parties (including one of my own), two more shifts at new jobs as well as some at my old job, some college induction stuff and another horror movie evening (we watched Insidious then turned around and saw a freaking huge spider on the curtain and all freaked out a teensy bit, especially when it RAN AWAY AND DISAPPEARED). I’ve also got hooked on another Netflix series, Jane The Virgin and found even more music I love, but I’m planning on saving all that for a bumper ‘favourites’ post in the next week or so.
Anyhow, over the summer I guess I’ve learnt a few things, and I figured I’d be a nice person and put them all in a post to share my wisdom…(in the loosest sense of the word)
- Your closest friends may not be exactly who you think they are and you may drift apart from some people, but that’s OK. Everyone changes and your friendships evolve to reflect that.
2. Black and white filters flatter everyone, no matter what the situation is.
4. Tents are bloody uncomfortable, especially when there are 16 teenagers in a 6 man tent and the tent starts leaking in the middle of the night.
5. Crunchie spread is A+ 10/10 would eat again (which is handy, as I’ve got a whole jar of it).
7. On that note, putting an eyeliner pencil in the freezer because it’s a bit melty won’t have much effect.
8. And eyeliner pencils can stain carpets.
9. Crappy Netflix series (Jane the Virgin, Prison Break, the marginally less crappy Making A Murderer) take up so much time but are amazing, especially with a duvet on hand.
10. The only limit to the amount of tea you can drink in a day is your level of mental preparation.
11. New things are scary and horrible but most people are actually pretty nice and/or equally terrifying.
12. It’s perfectly possible to bond with people over a mutual fear of icebreakers, a lack of willingness to talk to other human beings and social anxiety.
13. Outdoor swimming in a bikini in a non-heated pool in Britain in July on an overcast day is absolutely freezing and a really bad idea but really fun anyway.
15. Time really, truly does fly when you’re having fun.
What did you do this summer?