Hello! I’ve decided to bring back the monthly wrap up (not that I ever got rid of it, I just forgot, whoops…), to talk about my October…
On The Blog:
- I kicked off the month with an extract from my Autumn/Winter Spotify playlist…click here for lots of autumnal, leafy vibes!
- Next, I blogged about HALF TERM WOOP WOOP plus some of my thoughts about admitting to people that I’m a blogger.
- I was full of the half term happy vibes so blogged about it, and to reduce the smugness slightly by giving you some reasons you should be happy too!
- I did Top Ten Tuesday, this time appealing to O Mighty Book Genie.
- Tracklisting Thursday happened again (wow, twice in a month, go me…), talking about my new addiction to instrumental music and the magic of the Vitamin String Quartet.
- I announced my December song challenge, a reworking of my February Overthinking Song Challenge…click here to join in!
- Something REALLY EMBARRASSING but also kinda funny happened at work, so obviously I had to blog about it…I’m all about embarrassing myself for public benefit!
- I wrapped up my week for the 11th time.
- I shared a second volume of a few of my favourite things.
- And last but not least, I wrote about a few body confidence issues I’ve had lately.
Woo, ten posts…that’s a heck of a lot more than I thought I’d written, so yay me! 🙂
I’ve not read an awful lot this/last month, but here’s what I can remember reading…
Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares // Rachel Cohn & David Levithan.
This got me into such a Christmassy mood, and gave me MAJOR New York wanderlust!
The Selection // Kiera Cass
This is the first in the series, and I can’t wait to read the rest! It’s set in the future, which was a slight surprise, but I loved so much about it. I can’t wait to read the rest in the series!
~ Reading Ongoing ~
Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality // Eliezer Yudkowsky
This is a Harry Potter fanfic which a friend recommended to me, and which I’ve already mentioned multiple times on here…I’m not that far in yet and haven’t read much recently, but hopefully I’ll pick it up again this month!
The DUFF // Kody Keplinger
I picked this up in the library and, similar to HPMOR, I’m still relatively near the beginning, but liking/not minding it so far…
1984 // George Orwell
Pretty much the same story so far (though not literally, haha!) as The DUFF, but I picked this up from the library as I’ve been meaning to read it ever since we looked at the opening in English at school last year. I’m interested to see how the plot pans out, and whether or not I’ll like it…
Here are a few of my favourite posts from this month…
- Mia’s 2015 Gift Guide for Odd & Quirky People
- Hannah’s awesome post on why yes, we may be addicted to Instagram but also yes, there is a good side to that. (You may have seen this on my Twitter, at some point, I really do love it!)
- Sophie’s list of 21 Things All Bloggers Know To Be True…if you’re a blogger, READ THIS! (And even if you’re not, get a funny and accurate insight into our lives!)
- Kate’s review of Schwarzkopf’s got2b hairspray…she’s so enthusiastic about this product that I’m pretty tempted to try it out myself!
- Another gem from Kate…a 5-step guide to Instagram!
- Amber’s guest post on LaurenConrad.com, a tutorial for the “Double Dutch Braid Bun”, which I have yet to try but have bookmarked for further notice!
- Eve’s HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY post on why she’s happy to be alive right now. (btw, LOVE your new header!!! Serious #bloggergoals right there, amiright?)
- Kelsey’s beautiful snapshots of Exeter.
- Hayley’s suggestions for where to get awesome (free!) photos for your blog.
These posts were all off of my Bloglovin’ saved posts archive, and there are SO MANY MORE I’ve missed off…but here’s a flavour at least! Have your read any of these posts, or got any other suggestions for me?
Me, My Life & Everything Else You Never Needed To Know
As I’ve already mentioned, this was the month of half term and my music residential! I also had a Halloween sleepover and went trick or treating as one of the 101 Dalmatians (one of the friends I went with is half American, and her enthusiasm was just hilarious ahaha), getting SO MANY SWEETS. We (well, my friend’s dad) also set off fireworks in their back garden, followed by pizza and Lilo & Stitch, which was all awesome. I also saw the new James Bond with my family which was really fun (though technically on the 1st November). In half term I did a bunch of stuff, including seeing Lauren Aquilina live (yayyy!), going on a Primark jewellery-and-homewares spree with my friends, visiting a local art gallery, getting my trumpet repaired and a bunch of other stuff. Now I’m back at school and snowed under with work, but surviving! I did self-defence in CCF yesterday (yeah, not October, whatevs), which was…interesting, and next week I have my Spanish oral (gulp) – on Friday 13th! I also have a gig with my jazz orchestra then though, and am doing a solo, so yay! Ooh, and I also saw Snarky Puppy live way back at the start of the month! 🙂
I’m gonna leave it there for October then…it was a busy month! How was it for you? Did you do anything special for Halloween?