Hey! I thought that today I’d do something a bit new, and list ten of my favourite things/stuff that’s happened from the last week. This is partly inspired by numerous “favourites” lists, but two in particular are written by Sophie Cliff and Bella @ Ciao Bella! Anyway, I’ve now been back at school for over a week, so it’s time I thought about something a bit more cheerful than mitosis, Spanish careers vocab and solving trigonometry equations. Well, here goes!
- Finishing my music composition. Last Thursday, I was delighted (ecstatic, literally) to find out my first GCSE music composition is fairly well finished. YAY. This pop song has been the source of much stress, so it feels SO GOOD to know it’s nearly done. It’ll be even better in a few weeks when the Composers’ Concert, where we have to sing our own compositions. In front of our fellow pupils. EEK MUCH?!? Regardless, it’s good for it to be (pretty much) done.
- Namaste – Swim Deep. This song…makes me feel really happy. That’s about it. I first heard it on Annie Mac’s Radio 1 show, and I hope you like it as much as me!
- Feline – Ella Eyre. Ella’s debut album has been long-awaited by me, so I’m so happy it’s finally here and I’ve got it! I think my favourite song at th e moment has got to be ‘Two’ – I just love it.
- Free music. For anyone who may be interested, Sia’s album 1000 Forms Of Fear is free on Google Play for a limited time only – get it here!
- The Mortal Instruments! I’ve heard so much good stuff about Cassandra Clare on the blogosphere and from my school friends, so I don’t know why it took me so long to read the Mortal Instruments, but they are INCREDIBLE. I’ve now finished the whole series and the Infernal Devices prequel trilogy, and I LOVED it. There was a helluva lot of form time fangirling going on with my friends, I can tell you! Now I just need to try and find the Bane Chronicles and I also eagerly await next year’s The Dark Artifices companion trilogy. AND THERE’S GONNA BE A TV SERIES. AND THERE ARE ALREADY A LOAD OF SPINOFF EBOOKS AND STUFF. Be still, my beating heart. For now, though, CASSANDRA CLARE IS OFFICIALLY BAE
7. To Kill A Mockingbird. So just how do you follow the work of a goddess that is TMI? Well, I chose Harper Lee. So far, I’m liking TKAM – it feels really readable, and I just really like the style of writing, and reading about Scout and Jem’s life. Also, how beautiful is the 50th anniversary special edition cover?!? (Spoiler: VERY) I’ll try and keep you posted on my thoughts…
8. I’M GOING TO SEE LAUREN AQUILINA LIVE ON TOUR AT BRISTOL THEKLA WITH TWO OF MY BEST FRIENDS HELL YEAH. Just a little excited, as you can see…is anyone else going, or going to see Ella Eyre at Bristol in November or Snarky Puppy in October? (I’m going to a lot of concerts in the next two months…not that I’m complaining!)
9. Galantis – Peanut Butter Jelly. Back to music, I am LOVING this song. It’s just so happy and mad and wonderful and the video is fab. Instant pick-up vibes!
10. This T-shirt.
11. The Fifa 16 soundtrack. GUYS GUYS GUYS IT’S OUT NEXT FRIDAY AND A NEW BASTILLE SINGLE HANGIN’ IS ON IT YES I KNOW EEEKKKKKK. (I’m done now.)