Woohoo! I’m (fingers crossed) getting my braces off on 22nd April! Yes, it’s still two months away, but at least I have a date to start counting down to now! I thought I would express my joy and excitement by listing what I’m most looking forward to about having a metal-free mouth…
1. Being able to bite into an apple without having to cut it. Even better, biting into an apple without getting bits stuck between my bottom brace and lips – NOT PLEASANT!
2. Waking up without the inevitable toothache caused by my elastics. I only have to wear them at night now, but if anything it’s more painful than wearing them 24/7!
6. Generally not having to think twice about everything I eat.
7. Not having to cart around wax, elastics and the equivalent of a small pharmacy of painkillers, especially when I’ve recently had my brace tightened.
8. Not getting the skin at the side of my mouth hooked on the metal hook for my elastics and having to physically pull the hook out. One word: PAIN!
9. Not being permanently paranoid my teeth are going to move so I won’t be able to get my braces off.
10. Being able to annoyingly say “It’ll be over soon” or “You’re lucky, I’ve had much worse” to all my friends when they get braces. Mwahahaha, consider that a warning!
Phoebe warned you.
What have your worst teeth-related issues been?