Sooo…last month, I was nominated for two Liebster Awards for new bloggers (liebster means friendly, hence the title of this post). This post is for my nomination by Holly over at Nut Free Nerd (thanks, awesome person! Don’t worry, these virtual thank-you brownies don’t contain nuts).
So, a quick recap of the ‘rules’:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog! Tick!
2. Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
OK, my post-writer page is doing something weird with line spacing. Right…
3. Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
1. I have three fabulous best friends (+ tons of other awesome friends), who make my life involve a lot of laughs! Shoutout to awesome friends everywhere 🙂
2. I am very stubborn when it comes to trying to understand school stuff…seriously, ask my family about physics!
3. I try to be nice to everyone, but…sometimes, it’s just so hard!
4. Music is always on in my life, whether literally or just on a constant loop in my head.
5. I absolutely LOVE blogging, and am so glad I started a blog.
6. I love technology and signing up for accounts on stuff…I’m not quite sure why! It feels very satisfying to create a new account…even if I then end up with tons of email notifications!
7. WordPress notifications make me very happy.
8. I’m on 195 WordPress followers right now! Eeek!
9. I am a major procrastinator.
10. I love inspirational quotes.
11. I desperately want a real life minion and an Olaf.
Now, bring on the questions…
1. What are three things that are currently inspiring you?
Other people’s blog posts, the Great British Bake Off/a book about a cookery competition that I just finished reading, and the old guitar propped against the wall that I’m hoping to teach myself to play.
2. If you could do one thing for the rest of your life, what would you do?
Probably write my blog. I’d get to write about anything I wanted, and interact with people. Add a mug of tea to the mix, and I would get along just fine.
3. Favourite nail polish colour?
Traditionally deep purples, but I recently pretty much finished this beautiful lilac, so I’m liking pastels at the moment. I also just discovered an amazing deep teal/turquoise, but maybe just for the toes?
4. If you could thank anyone in your life, who would it be, and what would you thank them for?
Probably my family (especially my parents), for helping me through difficult times – they’ve supported me so much, and I’ve only just started to realise how much help they’ve given me in the past, and today. So thanks!
5. If you could say one thing to your future self, what would you say?
You look awesome today, and your personality seems pretty great too. Oh, and eat that chocolate bar – it’ll be worth it!
6. Favourite class in college?
Well, I’m actually in school, but I would probably say English. I like my teacher, she’s really sarcastic and funny (in a nice way), and I just really like words and creative stuff.
7. What is one thing you wish you knew how to do?
Hmm, like Holly said, being fluent in a language would be pretty cool. I’d also love to be really confident musically, so I could just sit down at a piano and play something amazing, or pick up a guitar and casually start playing! Being able to do cool stuff with hair would be good too.
8. Who is your favourite blogger/what is your favourite blog?
Ooh, there’s four or five I love and multiple ones I really enjoy! Some of my favourites include Miserable and Magical, This Is The Taile, LittleOnionWrites, and loads more! I really need to do a roundup post like Elly’s…
9. What was the hardest decision you’ve ever had to make?
Um, no idea. I’m bad at decisions generally, but it was difficult to choose whether to quit scouts or not, and the same for the hockey club I used to go to…yeah, I have no clue! I guess choosing GCSEs was quite hard?
10. If you could have a meal with any famous person – living or dead – who would it be and what would you eat?
Erm, probably Benedict Cumberbatch – generally awesome or Dan Smith from Bastille (and the others, if I could) because I love Bastille and he seems quite funny. And I would probably eat either pizza, cos I love it and excuse me, pizza, or maybe this pasta and cheese thing my mum does with croutons and spinach? I don’t really know, just one of my favourite foods to make it as good an experience as possible!
11. What is one thing that never fails to make you smile?
I’m going to steal Holly’s answer, and say comments on WordPress. It’s just so lovely to have genuine interaction with someone who likes (or hates!) your writing enough to take the time to write a comment!
And there you have it, 11 questions and 11 answers!
Here are my questions:
1. What book have you reread the most?
2. What’s your go-to comfort meal for when you’re sick?
3. What’s your go-to moodbooster?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. What do you consider as your biggest achievement in blogging?
6. Who’s your favourite celebrity, and why?
7. What’s your favourite thing to cook/bake?
8. Where would you most like to visit?
9. What is/was your favourite subject at school?
10. What’s your favourite book/author?
11. What’s your favourite quote/random funny picture from internet? (if latter, insert below)
I’m going to try and pick people I’ve followed fairly recently for my nominees, so here goes:
- Addlepates and Book Nerds
- Glitter, Sprinkles, and DIY
- The Misadventures of Pooh
- A Hufflepuff’s Thoughts
- Um, and anybody else who wants to give it a go! Stick a link down below so I can check your answers out 🙂
Thanks again for the nomination, Holly!
An Overthinking Teenager