As promised, this post is going to be highlighting my favourite acoustics by Bastille. If you’re sick and tired of Bastille by now or just don’t like them (gasp! How can such a thing be said? ;-)), then head over here for a previous Tracklisting Tuesdays highlighting all of my favourite live performances and acoustics.
- First up is their set for Tenement TV. I love this because it, whilst still being pitch perfect, feels real and raw. There’s so much depth to it, you can hear everything – I never knew about that awesome guitar bit in Pompeii!
- This acapella version of Overjoyed is beautiful. Although the original is pretty stripped back, this is something else. Oh, and synchronised stamping? Yes please!
- Now we have an orchestral version of Things We Lost In The Fire from October 2013. This was performed at Queens’ College Cambridge, and I particularly love the chorus.
- This is a piano version of Bad Blood, which is possibly their second or third biggest song here in the UK, after Pompeii and possibly Flaws. When I had started to get sick of the more heavily produced album version, to have this on the Oblivion EP was a welcome relief.
- Got a lot of love for this. Mashup of TLC’s ‘No Scrubs’ and the xx’s ‘Angels’.
- This is a version of Oblivion recorded at Capitol Studios in LA. It isn’t exactly acoustic, but is live and beautiful. The string section really brings it to life, and I just love it!
- Again, this isn’t strictly acoustic but I really like it. This is Flaws recorded at Abbey Road with a string section – I love the way Dan is conducting!
That’s it for now! If you’ve got any others you know of, let me know! For the sake of something new, I have left out a few of my other favourites which I’ve mentioned multiple times before, but this is most of them. Let me know what you think of them, and which is your favourite!
A Bastille-obsessed Teenager