I am incredibly honoured to be able to say I have been nominated twice for the Liebster Blog ‘Award’, by both the brilliant Oak Tree Lane, and the fabulous Uninhibited Ladi. THANK YOU! I also want to say thank to all of my thirty-one followers, and everybody who has liked, read or commented on any ofmy posts! I’ve now passed 400 views, which I’m very proud of, so thanks for all the support.
For those of you that are unfamiliar with it, the Liebster Blog Award is an honorary award for beginner bloggers, to help them build their audience. Here are the rules:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 3-5/ 11 bloggers (depending on which set of rules you follow) who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
As I have been nominated twice, I thought I would pick out my favourite questions and questions that overlap to answer.
Here are my 11 facts about myself:
- One of my main ambitions in life is to go to America, and visit New York and the Ben & Jerry’s factory in Vermont. One of my friends has been there twice and I really want to go!
- I read the most when I’m supposed to be doing something else-for example brushing my teeth or tying my shoelaces!
- I have a new obsession with DIY-ing stuff or ‘upcycling’ it. Unfortunately, I can never be bothered to spend all the time getting the stuff I need together, and so end up with something that doesn’t look at all like the picture!
- My favourite colours are aquamarine, teal, dark pink and purple.
- When I’m older, I either want to be an astrophysicist, teacher or journalist. Not an astronaut though-the film Gravity seriously put me off that!
- I can never resist reading more than one book at a time-I’m currently reading An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield and A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (note: the latter is not short!)
- I’ve tried Marmite-flavoured chocolate,and it was weird. Too weird.
- I don’t really have a favourite animal, but I do have a bit of a preference towards both kangaroos and koalas.
- I like loads of different types of music, but if you’ve read any other of my blog posts, you’ll probably know that a particular favourite is Bastille!
- I read lots of different genres of books, but my favourites are kind of reality-ish books (I don’t really know how to describe it-not fantasy, but weird things happening to normal people!). The one genre I wouldn’t touch with a bargepole is horror. Ugh!
- I don’t watch many films, but out of my most recently watched ones I’ve enjoyed the Harry Potter series, and Gravity is amazing. The 3D effects are seriously realistic!
Here are my 11 questions-and-answers:
1. What is the name of the last book you read?(from Oak Tree Lane)
The last book I fully completed was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. My last one before the HP series was Brideshead Revisited for school (boo,hiss).
2. If you had to move right now and live there for the rest of your life, where would it be? (from Uninhibited Ladi)
If it had to be to a foreign country probably America or Australia. I’ve never been to either of them, but they just seem like fun places to live, plus they both speak English. Croatia would be good too! Otherwise, it seems boring but I would probably move to Cornwall. Sun (?), sea, sand and picturesque villages-I could learn to surf!
3. If you could make a difference in someone’s life what would you do? (from Uninhibited Ladi)
I think I would give a homeless person/family a roof to live under and a job. If you have a home and an income, it’s easier to move on with the rest of your life.
4. What is your favourite song/singer or band? (a combination of questions from both Oak Tree Lane and Uninhibited Ladi)
My favourite song at the moment is Say Hey (I Love You) (as featured on my last Tracklisting Tuesdays)-it just makes me smile. After introducing it to my friends, we had a mini-dance session in the classroom at break time-got some seriously weird/worried looks!
5. Where is your favourite place to relax? (Uninhibited Ladi)
Although I’ll read anywhere, I love just curling up on my bed or my bright green beanbag from the London 2012 Olympic Village, with the rain hammering against the window and the radiator on. In fact, just leaning against the radiator itself is good enough for me!
6. What did you have for dinner last night? (Oak Tree Lane)
I was at a 50th birthday party last night, so had a hog roast with salad and potatoes, followed by crackers/cake/marshmallows and strawberries dipped in chocolate/pavlova. Yum!
7. If you could go back in time and relive a day what would it be? (Oak Tree Lane)
Out of recent experiences, I would probably relive the weekend I spent with my school looking at French/Belgium battlefields. If it had to be a day, I’m not sure…maybe the London 2012 Olympics-all my memories have suddenly been sucked out of my brain-I’ll get back to you on that one!
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? (Oak Tree Lane)
Ideally, I would love to be a bit more gymnastic- gym in P.E. at school is literally my worst nightmare come true. I would also like to be more confident. Good eyesight would be nice, but I’ve grown to love my glasses-particularly now I have contact lenses! I think being more confident in myself would be the thing I would change!
9. What is your favourite book to read? (UL)
Probably Wonder by R.J. Palacio-it’s so inspiring, and fills me with a desire to appreciate what I have, not think about what I want. Any of the Gervase Phinn books would be high on the list for a laugh-memoirs of his time as a school inspector in the Yorkshire Dales, these books actually got me excited about my last school inspection!
10. If you could give one piece of advice to me, what would it be? (UL)
As I’m only a teenager, I haven’t got much life experience, but one philosophy I’m currently trying to stick with is that you can’t change the past, just look forward to the future-if you’re worrying about something small in the past,you obviously have enough morals not to make that mistake again! Also, our past actions make us who we are today-something I try very hard to remember. In the words of Hannah Montana, ‘Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days,’ (I am a teenager, I swear!)
11. Choose one word that describes you best and then tell me why (UL)
Overthinker. I worry about the tiniest things, from maths to things that happened many, many moons ago.
Thank you so much to both Oak Tree Lane and Uninhibited Ladi-both your sets of questions were really thought provoking, and it was really hard to choose between them!
Here are my nominees and their questions:
1. If you had to give one item of technology up forever, what would it be?
2. What is your ultimate comfort food?
3. What is your most favourite gift that you’ve ever recieved?
4. If you could have any amazing skill, what would it be?
5. What’s your favourite song?
6. What makes you happiest?
7. What’s your favourite book?
8. What book have you been meaning to read for ages, but not got round to?
9. What was the last thing you ate?
10. What would your ideal house be like?
11. Where in the world would you most like to live?
Looking forward to hearing your answers!
An Overthinking Teenager